Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Laura's Super Bowleo Menu




Anyone who knows me, knows I love football. I grew up watching the sport. We're a football family, for sure. Most of the men on my Father's side played the sport & I can remember that going to my brothers' football games was just a part of Fall.

I didn't really love the sport itself when I was younger. I just loved the atmosphere. The crisp fall air, the cheering crowds, seeing my friends....the Friday Night Lights! Over time, though, it's turned into a genuine love for the sport. I'm not a die-hard like some. I'm not good with players & their stats. I don't play fantasy fooball, but I freaking love watching those guys go after it on the field!!

Food & football go together, and there is not football without the Super Bowl. Of course, because we like to keep it Paleo around here, it's really the Super Bowleo!

I'm sharing my menu with you all in the hopes that those of you who want-- or need-- to keep it gluten/dairy free can still enjoy some of those favorite game day snacks! I have included pics & links to all the recipes, to make planning your menu simple!

Super Bowleo Menu




Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeños

For starters:


Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños Stuffed with Cilantro Lime Cauli Mash

This is by far one of my FAVORITE dairy free appetizers! A little spicy and zingy with the richness of the bacon. These are sure to please any crowd, and nobody will be missing the cream cheese!








Ques-No Dip and Chips

Ques-No Dip & Chips
Queso dip is something I genuinely miss! While this does use ghee (I use OMghee), it's great for people like me who love their queso dip, but can't handle all that dairy! I promise, the flavor is outstanding. My husband actually gets excited when I make this! The almond chips are crispy and quick to make. This appetizer can be made in advance, also! Just refrigerate the dip to reheat later, and store the chips in a ziploc bag! I'm going to make some extras of the chips to have with the main course!







Classic Chili

Main Course:


Classic Chili

I'll be skipping the cilantro lime cauli rice on this one and I'll be pairing it with some almond chips. Incredibly hearty, legume free, and spicy this one is perfect for serving a big crowd! Just make a big pot & provide the bowls. I promise your guests will not be disappointed!







Spiced Brownie a la Mode with Spiced Rum Sauce

For Dessert:


Spiced Brownie a la Mode with Spiced Rum Sauce

I LOVE this spicy rum chocolate sauce! Since I'll be making dessert only for me (my husband sticks to the ice cream), this is what I'll be making! The two minute single serve brownie is great for one. But, with this recipe, THE SAUCE is the thing. If you want to make this for a crowd, go ahead and make your favorite larger batch of brownies and drizzle with the sauce! I love Bravo For Paleo's Flourless Fudgy Brownies!


No comments:

Post a Comment